I know I haven't updated in forever, but I thought Eliza did such a good job that I didn't really need to elaborate. I'm not sure if anyone really wants to know all the details. I wish I didn't know all the details so I think I'll spare the rest of you.
Just know that if you're ever thinking of procreating and they give the option of having your abdomen sliced open and a human removed OR having contractions for 24 hours with no epidural. Vote for the tummy tuck every time. I would.
I will say that the nurses in labor and delivery are way better than the nurses on the post-par tum side. Except for Nurse Ratchet. I'm pretty sure she actually has no female organs and perhaps is a transgender because there is no way someone could inflict that much pain on a girl and still call herself a member of the same sex. (My honey was ready to sock her one and I happily would've cheered him on)
Oh and... After my initial disgust and discomfort with a catheter, if I stopped thinking about it, I could actually get kind of used to it. I was a little put out when they took it out and I actually had to get up to go to the bathroom. What an inconvenience. Especially when "I Dream of Genie" was on.
Here are some photos to spice up the experience.
This is when they were getting ready to wheel me in to surgery. I've had a nice dose of anesthesia by this time which is the only reason there's something close to a smile on my face.

Here's my honey ready to watch all the gory stuff. Too bad he had to miss the soccer game.

My first look at her.
So funny story about those little barf buckets conveniently placed by my head. I felt nauseous after they wheeled me in the OR so I told them and while the anesthesiologist was busy looking for some anti-nausea medicine to shoot me up with - I couldn't wait and decided to just let it out all over the floor. (not the funny part) Then the anesthesiologist says "Make sure you get her a new gown because she has some gastric juices on this one" (That's the funny part... who talks like that?) I think I'll use the term gastric juices from now on. It almost sounds appetizing.

I already know he's going to spoil her more than he should. He just can't get enough of her.
I guess I can't either.


12 comments:
Thanks for not making me want to ever have children:)
She is darling!!!
she is seriously the cutest baby ever! i'm so glad i got to meet her. and, i can't wait to babysit!!!
Wow mija. That was so gross.
Why do we do these things?
I hope she's sleeping and eating okay for you! Call me when you are awake enough to chat.
So, you're in love?
I couldn've done with out the details that you did share. Ugh! But now that she's here, its just all perfect. She's adorable!
Congratulations!!!
She is dang cute Sara!
It is amazing what we do for those kids we call our children. Congrats to you Sara - she is beautiful like her momma! Hope recovery is going ok! - Laffen
congrats she is beautiful
Ha ha! I knew you would love her! I am actually disappointed that you spared me all the details. I will get them all out of you later. In the meantime, good luck with that nasty recovery. Sophia is a seriously good-looking kid. And, of course, she looks just like her Auntie T.
That is one cute baby! Congratulations!!
I'm never going to talk to you about giving birth because I know I'll get a straight story.
Post a Comment