Monday, July 6, 2009

This is when I'm trying to find a close hotel.

This is my last week before I throw myself into the depths of all that is evil and wrong in the world and pray that I will have the stamina to survive...

aka Girls Camp.

My preparations began in February when I attempted to get a Camp Director called since our stake only goes with all the wards every other year and this year isn't that year.

Oh joy.

So I gave my bishop a little piece of paper with the name of someone I thought could handle the job.

And he lost it.

So I gave him a slightly larger piece of paper with the same name.

And he lost it.

(Repeat steps 1 and 2 at least 3 more times.)

By that time it was April and I still didn't have anyone called.

So I may have casually mentioned it (not complaining or anything) to one of the counselors who told me that if I gave him the name, he for sure wouldn't let me down.

I gave him the name.

He lost it.

I gave it to him again.

He forgot about it.

I gave it to him again.

He asked for a second choice since he wasn't sure that person would be able to do it.

I gave him another name.

He talked to the first person (who couldn't do it as predicted) and lost the paper with the other name.

Do you see a pattern here?

By Mid-May I gave up and began making the preparations myself.

The only problem is, I was always that sarcastic teenager who made fun of every activity and pulled pranks on the younger kid.

I don't really remember anything else about girls camp.

Aren't we supposed to go on a hike too?
(I use the term "we" very loosely, there's no way you're getting me to walk around for 5 miles. That's what I got a drivers license for.)

Do you think it's ok if I plan 8 hours of free time a day and let the girls figure out their own certifications?

Good, cuz that's what I did.

If you'd like to come, you're all invited.

Should be a blast!

6 comments:

Barbaloot said...

Ooh-have fun. I kind of hated girls' camp and avoided it at all costs. But hey---maybe you'll end up liking it this year? Probly not?

Kristina P. said...

I once skipped Girl's Camp for a stupid boy.

Hope you have a fun hiking!

Stephanie said...

Oh What a headache....

Well since you are incharge and you don't have stk in charge you should make it your camp. Do what you want to do who cares what is "normally" done at girls camp. You have to be there so Take it and Make is "Sara".
Where are you camping because there are places with Hikes that aren't 5mi. There are Nature hikes, Which are just walking around. nothing crazy. Good luck. Let me know if you need help with prep this week.

rychelle said...

I'll be praying for you, while I'm "hiking" around Disneyland.
:)

Anonymous said...

I mentioned it to my mom and she had a bum-load of ideas. I'll email you with a few.

Eliza said...

Bribes, lots of bribes!