Monday, May 13, 2013

So much has happened

I feel like each one of these pictures could probably warrant it's own blog post, but I'm going to crush everything into one because I'm the queen of lazy lately.

A couple of weeks ago I was driving home from work and my car died.  Like dead.  In the middle of the road.  I had to get out and push by myself.  In a dress.  By myself.  Just me.  In a dress.  Pushing my car.  (Got a visual?)

You know how you're not supposed to drive when your car is heating up because bad stuff can happen?
Well it happened.  Only my car forgot to tell me that it was getting hot.  (Thermostat was also dead)  So I blew heads (Whatever that means) and blew seals, and tubes and everything I could possibly damage.

I bought this the next day.

Before you go thinking that was a little fast, I had actually been looking for a larger vehicle for a few weeks and did some shopping before this happened.  I was just forced to get it sooner than I had planned.  My car is getting fixed and I'll keep using that to get to work, which is a really good thing because I can't seem to get used to driving a van.  Like, "Has my life really reached mini-van stage?"
There should be a support group.
'Mini-Van Drivers Anonomyous'
We could all carpool!


 After the car situation, I went with my friend Jen up to Provo to Women's Conference.  I had a couple of funny experiences like the complete stranger we asked for directions helping himself to our popcorn, but the best was probably seeing my good friend Mary and her new baby.  She's 2 months younger than Emma, so I know they're going to be perfect BYU roommates some day!

And last Thursday was the science fair and AJ's school. 
 He was the only one that did sugar crystals. There were at least 12 volcanoes, 17 projects involving some kind of soda explosion, 10 projects about which laundry detergent works better, the parents kid that separated DNA on different types of fruit... and then there was this kid


I'm sure he got an "A".

Since we were going to the school, Sophia had to wear her backpack.  Empty of course, but we all know backpacks are more about the fashion statement then their usefulness.
And Emma had to be cute.
My last bit of news is that we got a dog.  Not on purpose, he just kind of happened, and now we're stuck with him.  His name is Oso (that means "bear" in Spanish) and he's a good dog.  (Don't tell him that, I don't want it going to his head)

So that's it.  Catch me in 2 more weeks when I've probably moved to Europe, bought a boat, and been on a reality TV series.


2 comments:

Eliza said...

Busy, busy! The only part that I'd change is the moving to Europe. You know Iowa is so much better! Move here!!!!

Mary said...

How was I so behind on your blog? Weird.

We just recently got a van too, and now I feel like we're a legit family.

Thanks for coming. It was so so fun to see you and your pretty baby.

Amazing outdoor kitchen. I'm very jealous.