Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Holiday Happenings

Cathy came over for a day of holiday baking.  We made Apple Crisp, apple bread braids, cookies, cake, and more cake.  I had to bring a dessert for a Ward Christmas party and ended up bringing 4 desserts.... it was a good thing too because there were only 10 desserts, so I provided almost half for the whole ward.  (The Spanish ward aren't huge bakers.... The other 6 items were store bought!)

 While we baked, the kids played outside in the "freezing" Las Vegas weather.
 Then last week I was off work so we took the kids to the Ethel M chocolate factory and cactus garden.  We got there right as they turned on the lights.

 And we rang in the new year by painting Sophia's bedroom.  I got it in my head that I wanted a "Tiffany Blue" for the room and once my mind is made up, it's made up.  I went and got the color and we went to town on New Year's Eve.  We finished up on New Years Day and I love it!


Happy New Years!  Here we go 2013!

3 comments:

rychelle said...

i love how sophia's room turned out!

happy new year!

Lacey said...

Love the tree! I am not nearly so talented. It looks great.

Eliza said...

So jealous of your talent, the room is fantastic. And so sad that I miss out on sister baking day. :( Very homesick for you two!!!