Way back at the beginning of the summer, my office sent around a sign up for a 5K walk/run to raise money for childhood cancer that would be in September.
I signed up and convinced my unsuspecting family to sign up also.
Way back at the beginning of the summer, September seemed a long way away.
Way back at the beginning of the summer, I had goals to get in shape and do some hiking.
Way back at the beginning of the summer I actually did some hiking.
Way back at the beginning of the summer I hadn't bought a new house yet or moved which crushed my hiking/get in shape plan.
So September crept up on us.
I'm not in shape, but hey - 5k, no big deal right? So we did it.
Here's my group of suckers family members who braved to course pre-race.
Cathy and Dwain ditched us to actually run. Psha, who really does that?
Here's Eliza with the kids at around the 3K mark. Still smiling!
Then we switched so she could take a picture.
Here's a look at the crowd as we reached our final kilometer.
There were 2,400 people - the biggest group ever for this event. Many of those that attended wore t-shirts with a picture of a child who had passed away from cancer. That was the most disturbing part and we made every effort to pass those shirts.
Here I am at the end! Yes, we did finish.
Don't let the smiles on these boys' faces fool you. They complained, cried, begged to ride a stroller, and sat/ran off and on for 4 kilometers.
Next year for sure I'll be in shape and I'll be able to run it.



4 comments:
run shmun, that's what i always say.
Who needs to run when you're taking care of multiple children. You should get extra points for being responsible for more than just yourself:)
I'm so proud of you!
You forgot the part of the 8 mile hike back to our cars!
Post a Comment